500 | Server Error

Solved Posted In Wave
  • dogstring 2 months ago
    I was attempting to create a user via admin dashboard -> users -> add user but after filling the information and hit Save button I am always getting a 500 | server error. I've check the laravel log and I am getting this error .

> [2019-06-04 01:24:44] local.ERROR: Call to a member function toJson() on null {"userId":1,"exception":"[object] (Symfony\\Component\\Debug\\Exception\\FatalThrowableError(code: 0): Call to a member function toJson() on null at /home/vagrant/code/wave_rnd/vendor/tcg/voyager/src/Models/User.php:30)

I can't fix because its a package from voyager.

I was attempting to create a user via admin dashboard -> users -> add user but after filling the information and hit Save button I am always getting a 500 | server error. I've check the laravel log and I am getting this error .

[2019-06-04 01:24:44] local.ERROR: Call to a member function toJson() on null {"userId":1,"exception":"[object] (Symfony\Component\Debug\Exception\FatalThrowableError(code: 0): Call to a member function toJson() on null at /home/vagrant/code/wave_rnd/vendor/tcg/voyager/src/Models/User.php:30)

I can't fix because its a package from voyager.

• Best Answer

(As selected by dogstring)

andrewo0 2 months ago
    Hi dogsting

this is an issue in voyager 1.2 why not upgrade to a nother version of voyager?

to fix it just add:
    `public function setSettingsAttribute($value) { $this->attributes['settings'] = $value ? $value->toJson() : null; }`

in App\User and in /admin/bread/users/edit

Hi dogsting

to fix it just add: public function setSettingsAttribute($value) { $this->attributes['settings'] = $value ? $value->toJson() : null; }

• andrewo0 2 months ago
    Hi dogsting

to fix it just add:
    `public function setSettingsAttribute($value) { $this->attributes['settings'] = $value ? $value->toJson() : null; }`

Hi dogsting

to fix it just add: public function setSettingsAttribute($value) { $this->attributes['settings'] = $value ? $value->toJson() : null; }

• dogstring 2 months ago
    I checked the voyager github but it says its current on 1.2.*

https://docs.laravelvoyager.com/getting-started/upgrading

I did upgrade thought but I still get the same error.

I checked the voyager github but it says its current on 1.2.*

https://docs.laravelvoyager.com/getting-started/upgrading

I did upgrade thought but I still get the same error.

• andrewo0 2 months ago
    have you tryed the fix?

have you tryed the fix?

• dogstring 1 month ago
    all done thanks :)

all done thanks :)

• jayb 3 weeks ago
    Hi andrew0, where did you mean when you say "and in /admin/bread/users/edit"?
    I'm having the same issue, I've added to App\User and it seems to be working but I don't want it to pop up again becuase I missed something.
    For note, voyager was installed as a requirement for Wave via composer.

Hi andrew0, where did you mean when you say "and in /admin/bread/users/edit"? I'm having the same issue, I've added to App\User and it seems to be working but I don't want it to pop up again becuase I missed something. For note, voyager was installed as a requirement for Wave via composer.

Please login or signup to leave a response.

Login

or Sign Up

or Login
tnylea
Cheers Friend!

I'm Tony, the creator of this site. I'm trying to increase my twitter following. Want to follow me?

Follow @tnylea If not, no worries :)