Attempting to install chatter to laravel 5.8.2, php 7.3.1

justin-woodcock

Apr 15th, 2019 10:52 AM

Hi

I'm after some basic troubleshooting advice please, as I have followed the instructions on github, got up to the bit where adding "forums" to the URL should show my forum, but no changes have occured, I just get the old page I was working on.

I have checked that I have installed everything, and that the yields are in the correct places on layoutsbase.blade.php.

Any further advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks Justin

justin-woodcock

Apr 15th, 2019 12:39 PM

...after going through a re-installation, in which I set up the paths for the model and master layout file, I am now confronted with an empty screen again ( previously I had neglected to link to jQuery on the page), and now have no errors in the console.

To say I am confused would be an understatement. Any clues gratefully received.

andrewo0

Apr 16th, 2019 03:22 AM

Hi justin-woodcock

Do you see any errors in your inspector or do you see any error codes from the network tab in your inspector?

justin-woodcock

Apr 16th, 2019 06:17 AM

Hi Andrewo0, thanks for getting back to me. I fully expect that this is something I'm doing wrong (Problem Exists between Keyboard and Chair...)

On the network tab, there are no errors, just 200 and 304 statuses from the GETs.

There are a couple of source map errors however.

Source map error: TypeError: NetworkError when attempting to fetch resource. Resource URL: moz-extension://a20648c2-36ca-4cb5-92dc-80e08fd7c3ff/content_scripts/custom_elements/custom-elements.min.js

Source Map URL: custom-elements.min.js.map[Learn More]

Source map error: SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data Resource URL: http://localhost/academy-lms/public/js/app.js

Source Map URL: popper.js.map[Learn More]

We are attempting to bring this into a site that uses the react framework, and uses webpack to build. Is it possible that a combination of these components are causing this problem ?